
Christy took me to Papouli's, a Greek Restaurant in San Antonio. I have never had Greek but i'm pretty much game for any type of food. I had a traditional plate with Steak and Gyro skewers. I must admit, the only thing i didnt like on this place was the olives and the yellow pepper. Everything else was delishh! I had never tried gyro meat but i think it is one of my favorites now. That little white creamy stuff in the middle was a bit confusing at first, i couldn't tell if i liked it or not but then i decided i did. It was some sort of creamy, lightly cheesy dip with i believe garlic and cucumber. I used it to dip my pita bread in it and it seemed to work out for me. The cheese on the salad was also really tasty. I couldn't figure out what kind of cheese it was, i mean its not like i know cheeses, but it def wasnt like bleu cheese or fetta cheese(which i would otherwise expect on greek) Overall, i really enjoyed my first taste of greek. The only letdown was that my pellegrino was not cold. Oh yea, i'm also on a mineral water kick right now and i like to try different ones. Pellegrino and Perrier are kind of my dailies. Topo Chicho is gross and way too gassy, i feel like the gas bubbles are bigger if that is even possible... but i digress. Papuoli's Try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment